Vicky Grant School of Dance
Terms & Conditions
Terms & conditions must be accepted by all students and parents/guardians. By completing the enrolment form and, therefore enrolling your child in our classes, you are agreeing to the terms below.
Section 1 – Registration & Fee Payment
1. An enrolment form must be completed for all students upon joining the Vicky Grant School of Dance. This will be sent to you, via email, following the students two-week trial. A student will not be permitted to take classes after the trial unless the enrolment form has been completed.
2. Fees are payable in full at the start of every term, if you are paying for two or more classes, you may pay in two instalments, dates for payments will be given at the start of each term.
If you are paying for three or more classes per week, you receive a discount of £1 for every class you are paying for, all discounts should be shown on your invoice. The dates of each “term” are defined on our website.
3. Fees must be received by the dates stated or a 5% surcharge will be added. If fees are still not received one week after this, a 10% surcharge will be added and the student will not be permitted into class until the fees are paid in full for the whole term, including the surcharge.
4. Fees can be paid via BACS or cash. If paid in cash, they must be received in a sealed envelope with student's name on the front. Please note, we do not accept cheques as payment.
6. New students are offered a two-week trial on all classes. Should the student then decide to enrol, they will be invoiced for the full term (or half term if starting after a half term break).
7. There are no refunds if a student is absent from a class.
8. If the regular teacher is unable to teach a class, we will do our best to provide a substitute teacher. If it is not possible to find a substitute, the class will be cancelled, and you will be informed by email and via text message (if an email address and mobile number has been given). In this case a replacement class at the end of term will be held where possible. If this is not possible, a refund for the missed class will be given.
9. In the case of inclement weather, a decision may be made to cancel class one hour prior to your scheduled class time. Parents/Guardians will be informed by email, social media and via text message (if a mobile number has been given). No refunds are given for class cancellations due to weather or any event beyond our control.
Section 2 - Class Conduct
1. Parents are not permitted to watch classes except for the first lesson of junior classes and the last lesson of the Summer and Christmas term, or in exceptional circumstances at the discretion of the class teacher.
2. Students are expected to demonstrate respectful behaviour towards their teacher and fellow students.
3. Students are not permitted to bring food into the dance studio or chew gum whilst in class. A bottle of water is allowed for classes of 45 minutes or above.
4. Students are responsible for their own property and bring items at their own risk.
5. Students are not permitted to use mobile phones during a class. Any mobile phones brought into the class must be switched off.
6. Students are not permitted to leave the studio during a class without permission from the class teacher.
7. Students are expected to wear correct uniform for all classes – see www.vickygrant.com/uniform
Section 3 - Responsibilities
1. Parents/Guardians of children under the age of 8 years old must remain on the premises at all times whilst their child is taking a class. If you need to leave the premises, this responsibility must be passed to and accepted by another adult.
2. For students over the age of 8 years old, it is the Parent/Guardian’s responsibility and decision whether your child is responsible for their own safety and wellbeing including arriving at and leaving the classes and premises unaccompanied.
3. Please ensure your child has been to the toilet before class. Should your child need the toilet during a lesson and is under the age of 8 years old, class assistants will bring them out to the Parent/Guardian.
4. It is the Parents/Guardians responsibility to inform the school of any changes regarding the student’s medical conditions or emergency contact details.
Section 4 - Miscellaneous
1. The school timetable may be revised at any time.
2. A certain amount of risk is involved by taking part in any physical activity. Students taking part in any classes or events run by the Vicky Grant School of Dance do so at their own risk.
3. Photographs and videos of students may be taken and used for promotion and on social media by the Vicky Grant School of Dance. If you do not give permission for your child's photo to be taken please email Vicky Grant on email@example.com to make her aware of this.